Spark STEM Academies
The Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD STEM program engages students in developing solutions to real world problems and challenges through engineering and technological design combined with scientific and mathematical inquiry. Students develop a set of critical thinking, reasoning and creative skills that grow through research and collaborative teamwork.
A STEM Classroom:
- is active and exuberant as student learning is collaborative and project-based
- involves students working closely together in a hands-on way to solve real-world problems
- engages students in inquiry based instruction
A STEM Student:
- is a curious, analytical, and strategic risk taker
- communicates effectively
- thinks scientifically, mathematically, and creatively
A STEM School:
- is collaborative and dynamic
- integrates STEM into all content areas
- establishes global connections
The Spark STEM Academies will launch for the 2018-2019 school year at Blanton, Freeman, Rainwater, Riverchase, and McLaughlin Strickland Elementary schools. Every day students will participate in STEM challenges in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics focusing on collaboration, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
Spark is available at these CFB campuses:
Students will attend the campus in their home attendance zone.
What are you waiting for?
Click the button below to begin the application process.
We will begin taking applications on Oct. 22, 2018, at noon for the spring 2019 semester.